“I’m going to make everything around

me beautiful—that will be my life.”

Elsie de Wolfe

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Music Playlist For When I Write

(: Hello,
Whenever I write my book, I always have music playing. It could be blaring, or it could be playing softly through my headphones, but the point is that music is so inspiring. The words and melodies always inspire me to continue writing. So I thought it would be different to tell you some songs that I listen to while I wrote my first book, "The Antidote." If you have any music suggestions or want to make your own playlist, then send it to me! I love new music(:

They say that music can effect the way you drive or speed, it is the same for when you're writing. My mind gets going by the music that is playing:

1. The Antidote by St. Vincent- I listened to this the moment I came up with my book title name and no it doesn't have anything to do with my book's themes, but I love this song. I always listen to it when I become doubtful(:

2. Pseudologia Fantastica- Foster the People- Honestly this song has the best melody and I can't get enough of this song. It actually gets my mind going and I have to hear it all the time.

3. Radioactive- Imagine Dragons- Whenever I was editing my book, this song was very popular so I thought I would include it because it inspired me to write sometimes because it has a sick beat....(:

4. Any Grouplove song will be perfect when I am writing as well. I listened to mostly Colours, Raspberry, Hippy Hill and Ways to Go. Literally every song of theirs is perfect. They talk about nonsense and when you try to piece it together, your mind gets going.

5. Stairway to Heavan- Led Zeppelin- I love this song and it is for when my mind needs to slow down a little bit. I think it is helpful to have songs that are upbeat and some songs that slow you down.

6. Smells Like Teen Spirit or Lithium- Nirvana- Nirvana is my cure for all things bad in life. Kurt is the best singer to me of all time. So I am super passionate when I hear Nirvana and it effects how I write so much.

7. Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen- This song is so fun and emotional all in one, therefore it's always nice to listen to something fun.

8. Brothers- Kid Cudi  or really any song of his.....

9. Jack White-  Love is Blindness

10. Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Child

11. Ozzy Osbourne's songs- all of them<3

12. Kashmir- Led Zeppelin

13. Red Hot Chili Peppers- Under the Bridge

14. Rag Doll- Aerosmith

15.Regina Specktor- Hero

16. Band of Skulls- I Know What I Am

17. Black Hole/ Robot- 30H!3

- My go to artists are Imagine Dragons, Coldplay, Lorde, Prince, Lana Del Ray, Cage the Elephant, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Def Leopard,  The Black Keys and Papa Roach.


I have many more songs that I love, but these are all my favorites to hear when I am writing. Let me hear some of your favorite songs!!(:


Taylor<3

No comments:

Post a Comment