“I’m going to make everything around

me beautiful—that will be my life.”

Elsie de Wolfe

Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Confession

A Confession: Taylor Hondos


The truth is, I do not know who I am.
I do not know who I want to be.
I want to be notoriety; then again I don't.
I want to be happy.
I want to be pleasing.
I want to be perfect.
I want to please others; my problem in a sentence.

The truth is, there is no such thing as perfection.
I have spent my entire life pleasing other; putting myself last.
I have a confession,
What I want most is to be noticed.
Noticed in writing, noticed by others.
I want to be noticed for all the good I do.
I don't want notoriety, but just to be noticed.

Say what you will; say what you want.
We all want to be important.
I have another confession.
I have a great mind; but what is great on you,
Will control you; your thoughts, your actions.
Don't let it anymore.

I haven't been taken seriously,
I want to be.
I have a confession,
I am in love and afraid to be.
My mind keeps me on edge.
My mind keeps me going crazy.
Keeps getting in the way.
Keeps telling me I am not important.
Don't let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment